Get Your Home Ready To Sell
l. Edge, mow and fertilize the lawn. Reseed sparse areas.
2.Trim hedges, weed lawns and flowerbeds, and prune trees. Cut back overgrown shrubbery.
3. Reseal cracks in foundation, steps, walkways, walls and patios. Power-wash the exterior.
4. Clean and align gutters and downspouts; clean the chimney.
5. Remove oil stains from driveway and garage. Keep walks and driveway swept or free of ice.
6. Wash the windows inside and out.
7. Hire a cleaning service to thoroughly clean the interior.
8. Paint the walls and ceilings off white or beige.
9. Repair cracks, holes and damage to plaster, wallboard, wallpaper, paint, and tiles.
l0. Replace damaged windowpanes, moldings and woodwork.
l1. Repair drippy faucets and showerheads. Unclog slow drains.
l2. Shampoo carpets, scrub and wax linoleum or wood floors.
l3. Clean out the fireplace and lay some logs in it.
l4. Mend torn screens. Clean out all window tracks.
l5. Replace burned-out light bulbs with brighter light bulbs.
l6. Renail creaking boards or stairs; lubricate squeaking doors.
l7. Clean all appliances (especially refrigerator and oven).
l8. Replace old toilet seats and shower curtains.
l9. Clear all cobwebs from corners and doorways.
20. Wash all light switches, handrails and doorknobs.